- 2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup ham cubed
- Combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, salt, and pepper in large kettle
- Boil 10-12 minutes
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- Add flour and stir until smooth (about 1 minute)
- Slowly add milk and cook until thickened
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted
- Add white sauce and cubed ham to vegetables and liquid
- 3 c potatoes red or any kind, diced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 t salt or ham base
- 1 c low fat evap milk
- 1 c milk
- 1 T butter
- Pepper or Cavendar’s Greek Seasoning
- Cheese to taste
- Simmer potatoes and onions (barely covered with water) with salt. Do not drain potatoes.
- Add milk and blend slightly or use potato masher.
- Texture should not be smooth.
- Heat slowly, add butter and seasonings.
- Add milk and cheese for texture, season as needed.
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk mixed with 2 Tbls. all-purpose flour
- In large saucepan, cook onions in butter until soft.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme, celery seed, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir milk/flour mixture into saucepan.
- Puree half of soup and flour in blender. Return to saucepan.
- Heat through
- 1/4 pound salt pork cut in 1-inch strips, or about 5 to 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4-6 green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds potatoes red, yellow, or variety, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sweet ground paprika optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the salt pork or bacon until crisp.
- Add onions and cook until they soften somewhat, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions, add bay leaves and thyme; increase the heat to high.
- Pour in wine and stir to loosen brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until wine has evaporated.
- Add potatoes, broth, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and sour cream for a easy and delicious hearty soup.
- slow cooker, or Instant Pot
- 8 ea russet potatoes diced
- 1 ea yellow onion diced
- 2 lg carrots peeled and chopped
- 16 oz ham cubed
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream (or milk)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery, ham, Kosher salt, pepper chicken broth to your slow cooker and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
- Using a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the potatoes (don't worry the ham won't really mash that much)
- Add the flour, heavy cream/milk and sour cream and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes.