Carrot Apple Raisin Salad
Salad: (all measures approximate, for about 2 quarts prepared volume)
- 2-3 cups shredded carrots
- 2-3 cups diced apples
- 3/4 cup purple raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or purple
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T prune juice
- 1 T lemon juice concentrate
- 2 T honey
The following to taste:
- sea salt ~ ¼ tsp.
- ground white pepper ~ 1/8 tsp
- ground ginger ~ ¼ tsp
- ground cinnamon ~ ¼ tsp
- Toss shredded carrots, diced apples, and raisins in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over salad mixture and toss until well combined.
- Tasty immediately, but flavors blend and mellow with overnight refrigeration.
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 c sugar
- 1 apple diced
- 1 orange diced
- 3 oz cherry gelatin
- 3/4 c hot water
- Microwave cranberries with 1 tsp water in covered bowl until popped and soft.
- Mash cranberries.
- Add sugar, apple, orange.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water, allow to cool slightly.
- Combine with fruit mixture and refrigerate until firm.
Joel’s favorite August 2013