Roasted Pepper Sandwiches
- 4 large Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 pound deli sliced cheddar or other sliced cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 burger buns toasted
- Hold the pepper upright on a cutting board by the stem. Cut straight down the side of the pepper with a sharp knife taking off the entire side in one slice. Cut off the remaining three sides so that you have four fairly large, flat pieces of pepper. Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the slices skin side down on a medium hot grill, turning when the peppers look soft and slightly charred.
- Fit a slice of cheese into the pepper and leave on the grill until the cheese melts.
- Serve 2 pieces on each bun and top with dilled Mayonnaise
Grilled Sweet Bell Peppers
- 2 pounds sweet baby bell peppers * small, green, red, orange, purple, and/or yellow If you can’t find baby bell peppers use large peppers with stem end cut off and seeds removed.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Core, seed, and rinse peppers. Cut each pepper into fourths. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, place sweet pepper chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pepper; mix well; pour over pepper chunks. Reseal bag and shake to distribute sauce.
- Preheat Barbecue grill.
- Remove peppers from sauce. Place peppers, smooth-side down, on hot grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes (turning occasionally) or until lightly charred on both sides.
- Remove peppers from grill; either leave in chunks or slice into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Arrange chunks or strips on a platter, alternating colors. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms are the steaks of the mushroom family. Here there marinated and grilled, yummy
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserve for other use. Place caps on a plate with the gills up.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour.
- Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.