- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme or Italian seasoning
- Pinch of pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pound flank steak
- In shallow glass pan, combine all ingredients except meat.
- Add meat and turn to coat.
- Marinate 20 minutes at room temperature or several hours, covered, in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill for direct grilling over high heat.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill meat 5 minutes per side or until medium-rare (or longer, to desired doneness).
- Thinly slice across the grain on the diagonal and serve.
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce can use low-sodium
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste I use seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or to taste, I use lots!
- 1/3 cup store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup honey do NOT use any substitutions use only honey
- 2 small green onions optional, chopped
- Put all ingredients into a blender (except the green onions, if using add them in after blending).
- Blend for 30-40 seconds.
- Mix in in green onions.
- This recipe makes 3-1/2 cups of marinade, but may be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered in a glass container for up to 3 weeks.
Marinate the beef, pork or lamb for 8 hours or up to 24 hours chicken up to 8 hours.
Wisconsin Beer Brats on the Grill
- 2 pounds fresh bratwurst sausages
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cans or bottles beer 12 fluid ounce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 10 hoagie rolls
- Prick bratwurst with fork to prevent them from exploding as they cook. Place in a large stock pot with the onions, butter, and beer. Place pot over medium heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook bratwurst on preheated grill for 10 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Serve hot off the grill with onions on hoagie rolls.