Cranberry Pork Roast
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork top loin roast
- 1 can (16 oz) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) apricot halves in light syrup drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Place potatoes in a 5-6-quart slow cooker. Place meat on top of potatoes.
- In a blender, combine cranberry sauce, drained apricots, onion, dried apricots, sugar, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour fruit mix over pork.
- Cover, cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hrs. Remove meat and potatoes from cooker to a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices from cooker to a 4-cup glass measuring cup, skim off fat. Measure 2 cups juices, discard remaining juices. Pour juices into a medium saucepan. Stir together cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan, stirring to combine.
- Cook and stir over med heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Slice roast, serve sauce with potatoes and roast.
Crock Pot Ham & Scalloped Potatoes
- 6-8 slices ham
- 8 med potatoes peeled, sliced thin
- Salt & pepper
- 2 onions peeled, sliced thin
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- Layer half of ham, potatoes and onions in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then half of grated cheese. Repeat layers again. Spoon undiluted soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low 8 hours; or high for 4 hours.
- Cheese on top
- Add paprika and pepper on top.