- 6 cups water straight-sided pitcher
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 46 oz can red fruit drink
- 1 6 oz can limeade concentrate
- 1 6 oz can orange juice
- 1 28 oz concentrate soda
- Combine fruit drink and concentrates. Mix well
- Add soda and ice just before serving
- 1 C heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1⅔ C Irish Whiskey
- 1 t instant coffee granules
- 2 T chocolate syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract
- In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on low (to prevent curdling the cream) for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.
Halve recipe for Crock Pot
- 1 gallon apple Cider
- 2 T whole allspice
- 2 T whole cloves
- 3 2 inch sticks of cinnamon
- 1 C orange juice
- 2/3 C sugar OPTIONAL
- Orange slices studded with cloves
- Put in crock pot for several hours, or bring to a boil on stove and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 1 pint chilled cranberry juice
- 1 can (6 oz) frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 32 oz chilled 7-Up soda
- Combine juices in a punch bowl; slowly add 7-Up.
Gluehwein a la Stefan Bold
All measurements (except the wine) are approximate. 5 liters cheap red wine (we used €2.99/bottle, but that probably translates, in terms of quality to around $7.00-$8.00/bottle in America)
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 20 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 T whole cloves
- 1 T whole allspice
- some ground allspice
- ground cardamom
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups sugar
- Zest the oranges and slice. Zest the lemon, but do not include the actual lemon. We used the small zester for the orange and the large zester for the lemon, to get different size peels. Mix all the ingrediates and heat (don’t boil, and don’t even really simmefor a couple of hours. Adjust seasonings to taste. It’s hard to get too much of anything, except perhaps the sugar so don’t add too much without tasting regularly. The spices don’t have to be added all at once, you can add them as it goes depending on what you think it needs.
Pleases a large roomful of people. 🙂
Best-Ever Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Combine ingredients in large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chocolate is finely ground. Store in airtight container for up to 3 months. To make hot cocoa, stir 1/3 cup of this mix into 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or mini marshmallows.
During the winter months, everybody craves a delicious hot beverage such as hot chocolate, tea, and cider. But what if you want to try something different? In Russia, Sbiten (Russian, сбитень) is a traditional honey-based beverage consumed during the long winter months. It’s actually very simple to prepare and tastes a lot like fruity tea. Here’s how to prepare this comforting drink.
- 1/2 cup of pure honey
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 16 ounces (1 lblackberry jam
- 10 1/4 cups water or wine
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 mint leaf optional
Alternative Recipe #1
- ml Makes 750 or 1 wine bottle’s worth
- 3-1/3 cups water
- 2 cups honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 dried red chile peppers optional
- 2 tablespoons apricot or raspberry jam
Alternative Recipe #2
- 3 L water
- 250 g honey
- 350 g molasses
- 5 g mix of spices – cinnamon malt, cloves, mint
- Bring 10 1/4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, honey and homemade blackberry jam and stir gently.
- Turn the heat down to about medium-low and bring it to a simmer. Stir the mixture for 6 minutes then take the pot off the stove.
- Let cool for 2 minutes. Afterward, ladle the hot beverage into 10 mugs.
- Garnish with a homemade mint leaf candy and enjoy!
Alternate Recipe 11. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk occasionally. Mixture will be slightly foamy. 3. Serve in small glasses with a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Alternate Recipe 21. Bring the water to a boil in a pot. 2. Melt honey into the water. 3. Add all other ingredients. 4. Simmer for half an hour. 5. Serve. Tips This is best served hot, but the drink can be refrigerated and served cold in the summer, or reheated for serving later. You can make an alcoholic version by substituting a hearty red wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon) for water.
Shakes and Malteds
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons to 4 whipped cream
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, malted milk powder and chocolate syrup; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
#2 Single serving ¾ C cold milk 2 T choc syrup Malted powder ½ to 1 C vanilla Ice Cream, Serving consistency Milk, powder and chocolate in blender, PUREE until blended. Add Ice cream, in about 4 scoops. PUREE 3 – 5 seconds BANANA SHAKE SERVES 1 Ingredients: 1/3 banana (fully matured for best flavor) 1 teaspoon sugar 1 cup milk (whole milk for a fuller taste) 5 -6 scoops vanilla ice cream, but use as many scoops of vanilla ice cream as you want. the more the better Directions: 1 Blend it until it’s all smooth. 2 Serve right away.