Fresh-from-the-Garden Olive Toss
Like a morning walk in your vegetable garden. Fresh chives, parsley, and lively lemon zest add a little bit of “spring” to any dish you can imagine.
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Naturals Green Ripe California Pitted Olives drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 small celery stalk diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/4 Maui or other sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small green zucchini unpeeled, and diced
- 1 small yellow squash unpeeled, and diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives thinly sliced or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl combine olives, celery, carrot, Maui onion, cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, parsley and chives.
Add lemon peel, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to bowl; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Do Ahead: The Lindsay Olive Toss can be made in advance and will keep for 7 days in your refrigerator