Chex Muddy Buddies
Servings: 9 cups
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in 1 qt bowl
- Microwave on High 1 to 1.5 minutes until smooth, stirring after 1 minute
- Stir in vanilla
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated
- Pour cereal into resealable plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake until evenly coated
- Spread on waxed paper to cool
Chex Party Mix
Servings: 7.5 cups
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 tsp Worschestershire sauce
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1½ cups mixed nuts
- Melt butter in shallow pan over low heat
- Stir in seasoned salt and Worschestershire
- Add Chex and mixed nuts
- Mix until all pieces are coated
- Heat in 250° F oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15
- Spread on absorbent paper to cool
- 1 1/4 pounds chopped fruit
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- The idea is that you can take pretty much any fruit, puree it with sugar, add lemon juice to taste, and then boil it down into a thick, fruity goop. This goop is then spread into a thin layer over a sheet of parchment or silicone baking mat, and dehydrated in a 200-degree oven until it can be peeled up and sliced (about 3-4 hours).
Oh Henry Bars
- 1 c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 4 c oatmeal Quick cooking
- 1½ c chocolate chips
- 1½ c chunky peanut butter
- Mix together, pat in lightly greased 11x 15 pan. You can also use a 9 x 9 plus a 7 x 12 instead. Bake 12 to 18 minutes at 350°.
- Spread topping over baked crust.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Cut into bars.
Spiced Apple Chips
- 3 medium apples
- Apple pie spice to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, slice apples about 1/8 inch thick, discarding any seeds. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sugar and apple pie spice on top of the slices. Bake until dry, about 1 ½ hours, turning halfway through. Remove and transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.