Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
Servings: 3 dozen
- 1 ¼ C all-purpose flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ½ t salt
- ¾ C (1½ sticks) butter softened
- ½ C brown sugar packed
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ½ C creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 C Semi-sweet chips
- ½ C coarsely chopped peanuts
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Press down slightly to flatten into 2” round circles.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 7 – 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Servings: 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups (6 1/4 ounces) raw peanuts toasted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbls unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed (3 1/2 ounces) light brown sugar
- 3 tbls whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbls unsalted butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- FOR THE COOKIES: Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Pulse peanuts in food processor until finely chopped, about 8 pulses. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in bowl. Whisk butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, and egg together in second bowl. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture with rubber spatula until combined. Stir in peanuts until evenly distributed.
- Using #60 scoop or tablespoon measure, place 12 mounds, evenly spaced, on each prepared baking sheet. Using damp hand, flatten mounds until 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake until deep golden brown and firm to touch, 15 to 18 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Repeat portioning and baking remaining dough.
- FOR THE FILLING: Microwave peanut butter and butter until butter is melted and warm, about 40 seconds. Using rubber spatula, stir in confectioners’ sugar until combined.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Place 24 cookies upside down on work surface. Place 1 level tablespoon (or #60 scoowarm filling in center of each cookie. Place second cookie on top of filling, right side up, pressing gently until filling spreads to edges. Allow filling to set for 1 hour before serving. Assembled cookies can be stored in airtight container for up to 3 days.
SCOOP IT WARM Using a #60 scoop or a tablespoon measure, portion warm filling onto the bottom cookies (turned upside down). SQUISH IT GENTLY Rather than smearing the filling with a knife or offset spatula, top it with a second cookie and press gently until it spreads to the edges. Super-Crunchy Cookies Fewer eggs and more baking soda add up to thin, flat, extra-crisp cookies. A Smooth—but Not Runny—Filling Creaminess was crucial, but so was a filling that didn’t squish out the sides. Our formula: peanut butter, butter, and enough confectioners’ sugar to firm up the texture. Big Peanut Flavor Replacing some of the flour with chopped toasted peanuts made the cookies extra nutty.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies III (Girl Scout Cookies)
Servings: 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet, and press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown.
To Make Filling:
- Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.
Criss Cross Peanut Butter Cookies
Servings: 15 dozen
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- Mix white and brown sugars
- Cream butter or shortening
- Add sugar and cream well
- Add eggs well-beaten
- Add vanilla, sifted flour, salt, soda, and peanut butter
- Mix well and knead
- Roll into balls about ¾" diameter
- Place 1" apart on greased pan
- Press with fork lengthwise and then cross-wise
- Bake at 400° F for 5-10 minutes