Eye of Round Roast
- 3 lbs eye of round roast trimmed of all fat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Pepper roast and brown on all sides in 1 t olive oil.
- Remove roast and place in aluminum foil in roasting dish.
- Add onion soup mix and 1 cup white wine to skillet with roast dripping and bring to boil. Scrape up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Seal roast completely in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2.5-3 hours. (Some say 1.75 hours)
- Remove, open packet and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with gravy.