Chuck Blade BBQ
- 3-4 lbs beef blade or chuck roast
- 2 cans tomato soup 1 can regular and 1 can zesty
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Cook meat until done. Discard bones and all fat. Mix together remaining ingredients. Add to meat and cook slowly on low heat in slow cooker. Beef will shred. Serve shredded hot beef on warmed buns. Makes approximately 20 buns.
Braising is a technique done by browning the meat on all sides in a heavy utensil. A small amount of water is added and then the meat is cooked until tender at a low temperature. Braising means to brown meat in a small amount of oil in a heavy pan or Dutch oven which has a tight fitting oven proof lid. You then add a small amount of liquid, -about a cup, cover tightly, and simmer on the stove top or in the oven until done. You can vary the cooking liquid, add seasonings to it, and add vegetables. You can achieve wonderful results from more modestly priced cuts of meat.
Chuck Blade BBQ #2
- 1 1/2 pound chuck roast
- 2 cups ketchup or bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 4-8 hours. Shred meat and serve on buns.